Monday, December 16, 2013

Celtic Solstice Week 3

It has been a busy week of Christmas decorating, parties, and a shopping trip to Nashville to Opry Mills and to see the Opryland Hotel decorated for Christmas.

Santa and Mrs. Claus were eating lunch at Macaroni Grill.  I went over to tell him I have been a good girl and


all I want for Christmas is a Reliable iron with a generator, quilting books, and fabric.  Sounds good, right?  

I have managed to do some sewing on my Celtic Solstice every day, even if its 15 minutes here and there.  
I have not finished clue 1 or clue 2, but I did start on Clue 3.  And, with the tips from several other Celtic Solstice friends, they shared this great tutorial for making half square triangles 8 at a time.  

As soon as I discovered this, I cut out my orange and yellows 



and drew the lines on all of them so I could chain piece one side right after the other and zoom, zoom, zoom.  

will have  lots of cute little 2" unfinished half square triangles to square up. 


No more zoom, zoom, zoom at that point, but eventually  they will turn into cute little 3 1/2" pinwheels.  Squaring up to cut off the dog ears and little slivers takes time, but it's worth the effort.  



Pretty!!!

Do something quilty every day!  

Busy Little Quilter

This post is linked to Quiltville.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin