Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sewjo Saturday


It's another Sewjo Saturday at Kim's , I think.  She's busy getting ready for quilt market, but I'm posting anyway, just in case.

Last Saturday was my first time to participate in Sewjo Saturday and I met so many "new to me" quilting bloggers.  Participating in Sew alongs and linky parties is a great way to meet people in blogland.

One of the bloggers I met last weekend was Rebecca  at Our Busy Little Bunch.  I was looking through her tutorials, and while I was there, I saw this Camping-Shower Bag Tutorial.  Our youngest daughter, Julia, is traveling to Alabama to a music festival.  She is staying in a tent at a camp ground.

I don't think Julia has ever "roughed it" before.   Well, come to think of it, I never "roughed" it either because my parents had an Air Stream Travel Trailer back in the 60's and 70's.

The only "rough" part was cleaning it after we came home from traveling in Arkansas or to the lake every weekend.  Seeing that travel trailer brings back a lot of fun memories!  

There are showers at the camp ground.  When Rebecca mentioned the issues with carrying toiletries from the tent to the bathroom, I thought these bags would be cute for Julia and her friend that is going with her.  


Everything looks prettier hanging on my white picket fence with the Iris' blooming.  



There is a little pocket on the outside to carry a razor, toothbrush, and a small tube of toothpaste.  



The inside is large enough to hold shampoo, conditioner, and whatever else she needs to keep close by when she is in the shower.  She can use the straps to hang it if there is a hook close by.  

Rebecca suggested  using Polyurethane Laminated Fabric for the inside lining.  



The  stores around here (Hancock's and Jo Ann's)  had no idea what it was.  I used a Rip Stop water  resistant fabric that is  used to make flags.  

These bags were a perfect "rest" between making Celtic Solstice block parts.  Making something quick, easy, and cute is what I need every once in a while.


•••••••••••••

The other day I was adjusting my blog (cleaning house, so to speak), and I clicked on my Bloglovin' button.  It took me to my blog address that I lost.  I have about 157 followers on Bloglovin, so I contacted Bloglovin'  to ask how I can transfer my followers to my busylittlequilter.blogspot.com address.  Linda at Bloglovin' e-mailed me back.  She had  created a new account for me and she transferred all of my followers.  That's great customer service!  

So, if you would like to follow my blog using Bloglovin'  please click on the Bloglovin' button underneath my profile picture, or click on the Bloglovin' link in the comment box (I just discovered it!)





  If you don't use Bloglovin' you can sign up for my posts to be delivered in your e-mail account.  And you can follow me through Google Friend Connect.  Whatever you decide to do, I appreciate you stopping by.


Happy Quilting

Amanda 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My busy little quilting friends said...




Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin